The Executive Chairman Of Maiha Local Government Council Hon. Dr. Idi Aminu (Rumbun Adamawa) stormed Bachoe of Garwa State Cameroon Republic for Second International Security Meeting regarding the insecurity of Communities borders between two Countries of Nigeria and Cameroun.
The Idi Aminu along side the Commissioner of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Hon. Mohammed Umar Madagali with Hon. Ibrahim Italiya, Member representing Mayo Belwa who is Chairman house Committee on Security Umar Nashon and others top Government officials were among Adamawa’s delegation to the border town to discuss matters of mutual security concerns on the border of the neighbouring communities.
Idi l, who expressed his sincerest gratitude to the Executive Governor of Adamawa State Rt. Hon. Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri who is deeply concerned with the security of lives and properties of people of Adamawa State and it’s boarder areas of Nigeria and Cameroon.
The council boss also appreciated the people of Cameroon for honoring
the invitation from the state on the 27th June, 2020 to attend a similar meeting at Maiha.
Speaking at the occasion, Idi Aminu said, “It is with great joy and excitement that we have this Historic Security Committee Meeting in Basheo, Cameroon Republic.
“This meeting we hope will go a long way in fostering unity and strengthening security in both communities.”
The joint security meeting had in its previous meeting at Maiha outlined key strategic areas of mutual cooperation which included:
a. The Establishment of operational camp at Wuro-ladde to accommodate at least 100 men of joint forces that cut across vigilantees, Hunters and Fulani Association which would be supervised by security agencies.
b. The Local Government would establish a layout camp as
discussed in the last security meeting held in Maiha local government,
Adamawa State Nigeria.
Maiha Local Government on its end has organized joint patrol which
consist of the Military, Police, and security agents. Similarly, other agent like Vigilantes, Hunters and Miyetti-Allah are not left out.
As part of readiness to curtail security problem in the area.
The State through the local government has made it possible by organizing Security agents like vigilante’s, Hunters, Fulani Miyetti Allah for community policing with about fifty trained personnel (50) on patrol at the boarder communities;
Giving updates on the progress of cooperation between neighbouring communities, they outline the following:
1. Provision of vehicles and other Logistics to security agents: The Local Government hires vehicles and motor cycles, with the help of Nigerian Army vehicles to patrol the boarder communities prior to the State and local Government support.
2. Multi-National Border Patrol: The matter has been forwarded to the appropriate authority for approval.
3. Sharing of Information across the border by Security operations and Traditional Leaders: The Local Government and Cameroon border communities have good a rapport especially in the aspect of sharing relevant information that are related to promoting security, as Cameroonian security agents have been repatriating some Nigerian citizens who commit crime at Cameroon Republic for appropriate disciplinary action just as Nigeria does the same.
4. Establishments of Peace Community Committee: The peace committee is already in existence, and it involves the District
Head, Village Head, Ward Head, with Community Leaders, Elites, of both Boarders areas who are negotiating from time to time when the need arises.
Idi Aminu, enumerating achievements of the joint border security said:
1. The issue of trans boarder banditry activities has drastically been
reduced to a minimal level
2. Based on the security meeting between the two boarder communities, the cordial relationship has been greatly improved security
wise and the security in the areas has generally improved.
3. Lastly, looking at the importance of such meeting, Adamawa was presented with the award of Excellence on Peace as; The Best Local Government Chairman Of The Year By The “Ambassadors Of Peace Of
This is the second time of such meeting, the first time was held in Maiha local Government on 27th June, 2020 and now in Basheo, Federal Republic of Cameroon.
The meeting was attendance by ; the Member House of Assembly Hon Ibrahim Italiya, Special Adviser to Governor on Security, Commissioner For Local Government And Chieftaincy Affairs Hon. Muhammed Umar Madagali, Seprefe, Mer’ SLG Dr. Yakubu Suleiman Bwade, Special Adviser on Gen. Administration Hon. Hassan Ahmadu, Sup. Councilor Hon. Dauda Abubakar, CO Army Maiha LG, DPO, Head Of Civil Defence corps, Peace Corps, Immigration, Prison warder, Leader of Hunters, Vigilante’s and top stakeholders among others.